Dee Hicks, Editor
|If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.|
|Vol. XX, No. 24||King's Gate Club - a 55+ community, Nokomis, Florida||June 21, 2008|
8:30A Water Ex
1:00P Dup. Bridge
7:00P Billiards (L)
2:00P Stained Glass
8:30A Water Ex
1:00P Painting /Drawing
7:00P Poker (M)
8:30A Water Ex
8:15A Coffee Social
9:00A R.T. Meeting
CONDOLENCES: We offer our sincerest condolences to the family of Justin Mohr, 88 King Arthur Dr., who passed away on Sunday June 15th in Syracuse NY. He was a long time resident of King's Gate Club and before that at the King's Gate Park. He leaves his loving wife Betty, a daughter, three sons and 7 grandchildren. Those that knew him will remember him as a jolly and loving person always ready to go to King's Gate activities and to many trips with the King's Gate Travelers. He loved to bowl with King's Gate Bowlers, and you may also remember him as one of the models in a Ladies Luncheon and Fashion Show. Cards and remembrances may be sent to the northern address listed in the KGC phone directory. Memorials may be sent to: Blessed Sacrament Church, Outreach Program, 3127 James St., Syracuse NY 13206.
SOLO'S will meet at Left Coast Seafood at 5:00 pm on Thursday June 26th. Please sign up on sheet in the hall and wear your name tags. ---Jean Davis
OHIO CLUB meeting in Columbus Ohio on June 26th 2008 at Schmidt's German Village, all Ohio people and any guest are most welcome, contact Bob Winchester 614-451-9801.
JULY 4 POTLUCK DINNER: Social hour at 4:30 pm Dinner served at 5:00 pm. Oven fried chicken and a desert will be furnished. Please bring your own table service, one dish to share and your own beverage. Tickets will be $4.00 on sale Saturday mornings beginning June 21st. ---Judy Leight 484-0162
VIDEO: New DVD'S - BUCKET LIST - with Jack Nickelson and Morgan Freeman. FOOL'S GOLD - with Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. ---Jean Ickes
LIBRARY NEWS: New Large Print books: The Iron Marshall by L. L'Amour, Cosbyology by Bill Cosby, Lean Mean 13 by J. Evanovich, Patriot Games by T. Clancy, A Bend in the Road by N. Sparks, The Measure of a Man by s. Poitier. They will be on display in the Large Print Area.
Other New Books: From the Corner of His Eye by D. Koontz, Persuader by L.Child, Step on a Crack by J. Patterson, The Faith Club by R. Idliby* (Book Club title), We Band of Angels by E. Norman* (Book Club title), The Last Lecture by R. Pausch, The Wedding Officer by A. Capella, The Judas Strain by J. Rollins, Three Cups of Tea by G. Mortenson, Sundays at Tiffanys by J. Patterson, and The Shack by W.P. Young. These will be on the shelf for new books.
The requested title Small Town by Andrea Levy, and Book Club's Sweetheart Deal and The Storyteller's Daughter will be purchased later in July when they come out in paperback. Keep those requests coming in to the request box or email me at email@example.com.
Your Bookie, Barb Tompkins
NEW OWNERS: Welcome to new owners - Keith and Ethel Hazeldine who purchased 256 Camelot Dr.
They are from Ft. Wayne IN. We hope you enjoy many happy years at KGC.
SUMMER MONEY MATTERS: I am going to be gone from June 8th until September 1st. During this time, Angie Richards, Lois Luther and Jim Purkey will be handling the treasurer duties for the Round Table. They each will be gone at different times during the summer, but you can catch one of them at the back table on Saturday mornings. You can leave mail in my mail box in the office also. Everyone have a good summer. See you all in September. ---Jessica Prentice
TRAVEL: Shows for 2008-2009 are as follows:
November 9th, 2008 - Best Little Whore House in Texas
November 17th, 2008 - White Christmas (Thanksgiving evening show)
January 18, 2009 - Singin in the Rain
March 1, 2009 - All Shook Up (Tribute to Elvis)
January Cruise - January 29-February 8, 2009 Southern Caribbean Medley 10 days
April 2009 - April 25-May 2, 2009 MSC Orchestra Bermuda Cruise
Please book cruises through VIP World Travel, ask for Sue or Allan. 941-377-0017 or 1-800-323-7448 Nationwide
You can leave a message on our phone 484-6807 or email us Don and Mary Lou. We pick up messages daily.
---Don and Mary Lou Travel Coordinators
If all of the desserts listed below were sitting in front of you, which would you choose (sorry, you can only pick one) Trust me....this is very accurate.
Pick your dessert, and then look to see what psychiatrists think about you. Here are your choices:
1. Angel Food Cake
3. Lemon Meringue
4. Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Icing
5. Strawberry Short Cake
6. Chocolate on Chocolate
7. Ice Cream
8. Carrot Cake
No, you can't change your mind, so think carefully what your choice will be.
OK - Now that you've made your choice, this is what the research says about you:
1. ANGEL FOOD CAKE -- Sweet, loving, cuddly. You love all warm and fuzzy items. A little nutty at times. Sometimes you need an ice cream cone at the end of the day. Others perceive you as being childlike and immature at times.
2. BROWNIES -- You are adventurous, love new ideas, and are a champion of underdogs and a slayer of dragons. When tempers flare up, you whip out your saber. You are always the oddball with a unique sense of humor and direction. You tend to be very loyal.
3. LEMON MERINGUE -- Smooth, sexy, & articulate with your hands, you are an excellent after-dinner speaker and a good teacher. But don't try to walk and chew gum at the same time. A bit of a diva but you have many friends.
4. VANILLA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING -- Fun-loving, sassy, humorous, not very grounded in life; very indecisive and lack motivation. Everyone enjoys being around you, but you are a practical joker. Others should be cautious in making you mad. However, you are a friend for life.
5. STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE -- Romantic, warm, loving. You care about other people, can be counted on in a pinch and expect the same in return. You can be assertive. Intuitively keen. You are intelligent, but can be very emotional at times.
6. CHOCOLATE ON CHOCOLATE -- Sexy; always ready to give and receive. Very creative, adventurous, ambitious, and passionate. You can appear to have a cold exterior but are warm on the inside. Not afraid to take chances. Will not settle for anything average in life. Love to laugh.
7. ICE CREAM -- You like sports, whether it be baseball, football, basketball, or soccer. If you could, you would like to participate, but you enjoy watching sports. You don't like to give up the remote control. You tend to be self-centered and high maintenance.
8. CARROT CAKE -- You are a very fun loving person, who likes to laugh. You are fun to be with. People like to hang out with you. You are a very warm hearted person and a little quirky at times. You have many loyal friends.
Return to: Recent Newsletters Home Page Site Map
Newsletters read since July 30, 2005: